ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
CAMAC Energy Inc. is an independent oil and gas exploration and production company focused on energy resources in Africa. Its asset portfolio consists of 9 licenses across 4 countries covering an area of 43,000 square kilometres (approximately 10 million acres), including current production and other projects offshore Nigeria, as well as exploration licenses offshore Ghana, Kenya and Gambia, and onshore Kenya. CAMAC Energy is headquartered in Houston, Texas, and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol CAK, and on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol CME. For more information about CAMAC Energy, please visit www.camacenergy.com.
The Drilling/Well Operations team is responsible for the design, engineering and execution of all Drilling, Completion and Well Intervention activities in strict compliance with corporate policies, standards, procedures and guidelines and relevant regulatory requirements. Responsible for well engineering, design and technical integrity aspects of well projects and ensures the safe and efficient execution of projects.
EOE STATEMENT: We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
LOCATION: Lagos, Nigeria
- Provides support to Senior Drilling Engineers/Drilling Superintendents with well engineering and design projects, setting clear priorities and goals to deliver top quartile performance and in accordance with the well proposal.
- Contributes to the preparation of drilling programmes and provides input to well completion and intervention programmes.
- Ensures projects are executed safely and efficiently, in full compliance with corporate policies, standards, procedures and guidelines and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Inter-faces effectively with other teams e.g. subsurface, projects, supply chain, finance to safely and successfully deliver the well.
- Demonstrates a challenging and innovative approach to well design and construction to ensure cost effective, safe and environmentally acceptable Well Engineering solutions.
- Keeps abreast of new and emerging technologies in support of Camac’s objective to be an industry leader.
- Applies appropriate techniques and processes to drive performance through benchmarking and data analysis.
- Ensures appropriate peer reviews and/or Risk Assessments are held for each well with assigned actions closed out accordingly.
- Responsible for the capture and close out of lessons learned and analysis of NPT events.
- Prepares and submits End of Well Drilling and Completion Reports. Ensures IDS reports are factually correct and recorded correctly.
- Contributes to the AFE preparation and submission process, manages well costs and prepares forecasts, checks and approves invoices, etc. for particular projects. Ensures operational and project expenditures are effectively managed, controlled and monitored.
- Prepares and evaluates tenders for drilling operations. Acts as Technical Sponsor for certain drilling contracts. Supports the contractor management process by developing highly positive relationships with contractors and suppliers and ensuring delivery against KPIs/scorecards.
- Participates in industry forums where necessary.
- Makes regular visits offshore for technical meetings/inspections and to enhance onshore-offshore relationships/communications.
- The job holder is expected to take ownership for the continuous development of personal and technical expertise and knowledge.
- The job holder is expected to be flexible and undertake additional duties commensurate with the overall responsibilities of the job, and that are within their competence, when required.
- To ensure the safe and efficient execution of Drilling/Well Operations projects.
- THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS. CLICK HERE TO APPLY