Doha, Qatar – Qatar International Petroleum Marketing Company Ltd. (Tasweeq) is hosting the 8th LPG Trade Summit on November 18-20, 2013 under the patronage of His Excellency Dr. Mohammed bin Saleh Al-Sada, Minister of Energy and Industry, and with Qatar Petroleum as the Platinum Sponsor.
Held in Qatar for the second time, the 8th LPG Trade Summit focuses on “Balancing Global LPG Trade & Shipping Market Dynamic Amidst Capacity Changes”. The event, which is organized by Centre for Management Technology (CMT), will discuss an array of topics to highlight the growth of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) across the globe and the developmental challenges faced in the pursuit to encourage LPG consumption worldwide.
Mr. Saad Al-Kuwari, Chief Executive Officer of Tasweeq, said, “As the official host of the 8th LPG Trade Summit, Tasweeq confirms its commitment to the global LPG industry. In our leadership position, we are keen to contribute to the industry’s growth and development. We invite you to take part in this interesting conference in Doha. At the 8th LPG Trade Summit, you will meet and interact with top level participants worldwide, including LPG producers, petrochemical producers, end-users, global trading companies and marketers, international and national oil companies, as well as charterers, shipping companies and industry experts in the global LPG trade sector.”
H.E. Dr. Al-Sada will deliver the opening address followed by a plenary keynote session presented by Mr. Al-Kuwari, Mr. Ian Taylor, President and CEO of the VITOL Group, and Mr. Michael F. Conway,President of Shell Trading.
Mr. Abdulrahman Abdulla Al-Obaidly, Public Relations & Communications Manager of Qatar Petroleum, added, “QP is glad to support this renowned LPG summit as the Platinum Sponsor, thus highlighting the importance of LPG to Qatar’s marketing and export volumes. HE Dr. Mohammed bin Saleh Al-Sada, Minister of Energy and Industry and Chairman & Managing Director of QP, is very keen in further expanding Qatar’s energy portfolio and in finding new markets worldwide through the hosting of such international events, where current energy trends, challenges and solutions are discussed at length”.
The 8th LPG Trade Summit aims to provide an industry platform for commercial stakeholders and experts in the global LPG trade sector to meet and discuss on perspectives on the current state of the LPG industry. The summit expects a turn-out of at least 300 top-level participants from all over the world. The summit will offer interesting sessions and discussions such as:
· “World Macroeconomic & Energy Outlook 2013” by Ms Kristine Petrosyan, Senior Energy Analyst of the International Energy Agency (IAE);
· “Global LPG Supply/Demand Market Dynamics & Issues” by Mr. Michael Panas, Consultant of Poten & Partners;
· “LPG Shipping Market & Freight Rates(VLGC & Pressurized)” by Mr. Anders Lalim, Director – Gas Department of Lorentzen & Stemoco A/S;
· “Developments and Challenges in the US NGL Midstream Market” by Mr. Jim T Webster, General Manager, NGL of Phillips 66;
· “The Panama Canal Expansion & Impact on LPG Trade” by Mr. Rodolfo Sabonge, Executive Vice-President, Planning & Business Development of the Panama Canal Authority;
· “Global LPG Trade Flows & Pricing Dynamics” by Ms Diane Miller, Director, Global LPG/Feedstock Division of OPIS;
· “European LPG Market: Development & Challenges” by Mr. Ernst Brandstaetter, Managing Director of SHV;
· “The Growing Latin American Markets – Perspectives on Demand & Import Requirements” by Mr. Rodrigo Aranda, Independent NGL Trader, Mexico;
· “Demand growth in Asia’s Traditional Market – Japan” by Mr. Tsutomu Yagi, Deputy GM, Supply & Trading of Astomos Energy Corporation, among many others.
The summit will conclude with a panel discussion on “The Rise of the Unconventional – Impact on the LPG Market Dynamics,” with the panelists to be made up of Mr. Abdulla Al-Naemi, LPG Director of Tasweeq, Mr. Deacon Shorr, President of Libra Fearnley, and Mr. James Macgill, Manager, NGL Origination of Phillips 66.
The 8th LPG Trade Summit will be held at the St Regis Hotel and will stretch for over two days. It will be followed by a full day post-summit workshop entitled “LPG Pricing, Trading, Shipping & Risk Management” on November 19-20.