Houston, Texas – The minister of petroleum and mining, Tanzania, Prof. Sospeter Muhongo, executive governor of Turkana county, Kenya, H.E. Josaphat Nanok, commissioner of petroleum, Gambia, Hon. Fafa Sanyang are among the line-up of keynote speakers at the 7th Annual Sub-Saharan Africa Oil and Gas Conference scheduled for Thursday, May 1 to Friday, May 2, 2014 at the Marriott Westchase, Houston, USA.
Energy & Corporate Africa, the organizers of the event confirmed to Nogtec that the conference presenters include energy and petroleum ministers, senior government officials, industry top players, seasoned oil and gas attorneys, investment bankers, and various experts on focused areas.
This conference entails keynote presentations, ministerial discussions, panel sessions, networking luncheons and exhibitions. It brings together top government officials, national and international oil and gas companies from Sub-Saharan Africa, independent exploration, production, service providers and investors and investment bankers to exchange ideas, share information on business opportunities, network, showcase technology and discuss challenges in the region.
The Sub-Saharan Africa region continues to be an attractive market for oil and gas production. Improvements in capitalization, best practices, human capital and identifying new venture opportunities, prospects, understanding legal frameworks, geopolitics, and investments in technology, operations, geology, and reservoir management for new discoveries are needed to reach the full potential of this region.
Nogtec which is one of the major media partners to the annual event has reliably confirmed the list of top keynote speakers lined up for the event to include:
- H.E. Prof. Sospeter Muhongo – Minister of Petroleum and Mining, Tanzania
- H.E. Josaphat Nanok – Executive Governor of Turkana County, Kenya
- H. E Gabriel Obiang Lima
- Hon. Fafa Sanyang – Commissioner of Petroleum, Gambia
- Milko Binza- Moussirou – Director of Assets and Operations, Gabon National Oil Company
- Luiz Prazeres – Board Chairman/Executive Director of Commercials and Investments, Nigeria-Sao Tome and Principe JDA
- Eddy Belle – Chief Executive Officer, Petro Seychelles
- Carlos Zacarias – Exploration Manager, INP Mozambique
- Natalie Regoli – Partner, Baker & McKenzie
- Eneni Oduwole – Head Operations Risk Management, Guaranty Trust Bank, Nigeria
- Ching Tu – Geoscientist, Schlumberger
- Fernando Docters – Head, Oil & Gas, Standard Bank New York
- Dr. Jim Demarest – Vice President Global Exploration and New Frontiers, Noble Energy
- Dr. Keith Millheim – Chief Executive Officer, Atlantis Offshore
- Joseph Medou – Promotions/Exploration Director, Petrosen Senegal
- Dr. Juan Antonio Ndong – Director General, Sonangas G.E
- Rogers Beal – Chief Executive Officer, Africa Fortesa
- Sebastine Spio-Grabrah – Managing Director, Damina Advisors
- Mark Miyaoka – Chief Executive Officer, TerraDataGeo
- Dr. Emeka Duruigbo – Oil and Gas Professor, Texas Southern University
- Ana Marie Galimah – Global Managing Partner, BER Chartered Accountants
- Ove William Akerblom – President Intrepid Offshore Constructions
- Nicole Aguillard – Global Sales Director, Emerging Markets Communications
- Paolo Cavaioni – Overseas Manager, CHIMEC Italy
- Cristopher Farrar – DLA Pipers
Speaking to Nogtec about the preparations for the conference, Sunny Oputa, the Chief Executive Officer of Energy & Corporate Africa, said ‘’If you want to know what’s going on in the burgeoning Sub-Saharan Africa oil and gas market or to plug into the latest business opportunities in the region and network with top government officials, decision makers and industry top players, this conference is for you!’’
For more information and how to register and book your place, please visit http://www.energycorporateafrica.com/